Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Living Room Re-lived.


Hello Friends.

I have been working diligently to revamp the living room in my new apartment. My last two posts feature projects I completed for such revamping including the building of ottomans and a window up-cycle. Make sure to check those out. Along with these two projects, I have done additional remodeling in smaller projects. However, most of these are so simple, I am not feeling the need to make tutorials because I trust you can figure them out on your own, but I wanted to offer some inspiration none the less. So take a look...this is how I spent last week.


Frame Collage


Mixed media collage of frames featuring traditional photos as well as artwork, illustrations, post cards and fabric

Ottoman Bench
 

Ottoman bench complete with hand-made accent pillow, vintage tray and candles. See my tutorial for making your ottomans at home.


Pillows


Fabric and Fiber Fill is all you need to sew your own pillows in the color scheme of your choice. If you haven't caught on, it's pink and purple.

Window Pane Light Boxes
 

Adding background paper and a string of Christmas lights to a salvaged window creates an interesting wall feature that adds a lovely glow to your room as night.

 Fabric Flag Banner


 
Use scraps from your sewing projects to add a fun detail to your room. Simple cut our triangles or the shape of your choice then attach to string and hang. A great way to adorn entrance ways or dress up empty space up high.


 Check Out Some Details





















































Hope you found some inspiration.

Until next time...
Keep your eyes on the sky...
<3 ray

1 comment:

  1. The living room looks so good! I adore everything about it.
    x

    ReplyDelete